Finally, justice for George Floyd. Is it though?

Finally, justice for George Floyd. Is it though? Does it really indicate a change in the system? For me though I have to ask these questions as I’m dubious. Sorry. Would the police officer have been found guilty had it not got so much press coverage and society being rebellious? Going from my own personal experience of how my brother Arvind died, I believe not. Had we not got press coverage, the hospital wouldn’t have been found guilty and that took us three years. But ultimately has justice been done? Well, no as my brother can’t come back. Why did it take my brother’s death for the hospital to supposedly learn lessons? So why did it take George Floyd death for everyone to come together and make a noise when we all know it has been happening for decades? Social media of course. For me personally I feel nothing has changed and won’t change unless it stops happening. How many of these ‘incidents’ that have happened, but we have not heard about. For change to happen the systems have to change where the cause root is- the justice system, the police system. Otherwise, that ‘police officer’ being found guilty is far and few between. The institutions themselves become bigger than what they are and we as society hold them in high esteem or on a pedestal rather than seeing what actually happens in practice and what needs to change in these institutions is a reformation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and body image

Comfort eating is an addiction.

The menstrual cycle.